My Bus Blogging Trip Maybe Cancelled

by Angela aka Farmer Jane on February 26, 2013 · 3 comments

Bus ticket paid for- check.

Hotel room paid for-check.

Rental car ready for pickup- check.

Primal foods list compiled- check.

So what’s the problem? Well, as you may have guessed, a blizzard aka Winter Storm Rocky, has blown through the panhandle of Texas, and other parts of the states where I am supposed to be traveling through.

As of today, Greyhound has already cancelled a bunch of routes. Of course that doesn’t mean that anything will be cancelled for Feb 28-March 2nd, but looking at how the blizzard has unleashed its white fury on the region, I don’t see how the roads will be clear enough to travel at 4:00am on Thursday morning. To complicate things further, the winter storm is traveling east…just like I would be.

I’ll be watching carefully over the next 24 hours, but at this point it’s looking doubtful that I will be able to go to see my Shoshie Girl in her senior play.

I may be strangely silent over this next week if I don’t get on that bus. I can already feel the sadness welling up inside me, and it’s not something I wish to lament publicly about.

If I get on the bus, you’ll be hearing from me throughout my trip…if I don’t get on that bus, I’ll be home crying and depressed that I won’t get to see Shoshie until her graduation, and I will have missed her final high school play. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

{ 3 comments… read them below or add one }

Melonie K. February 26, 2013 at 8:37 pm

{{{{hugs}}}}
It would be lousy if you end up cancelled, but I’m sure she’d be a lot less stressed knowing you’re home safe, not trying to get there on a bus in a blizzard! Hoping all will smooth out and you’ll be able to make it!!!!

Reply

Angela aka Farmer Jane February 27, 2013 at 8:08 am

I think I’m gonna need to cancel. They just put out the next group of cancellations an hour late. Not for Albuquerque, but for Amarillo, TX and other places in Texas. So my bus trip through NM would be on time most likely, but then if I got to one of the cancelled routes (there are five stops along the way…maybe more!) then what? I get stranded.

Reply

Melonie K. February 28, 2013 at 9:39 am

Just read your post that you cancelled – that’s too bad, but it’s the safest way to go. We had to do that a year ago – we were all ready for a trip to Hawaii from Japan… got GREAT deals… and a typhoon was forecast. It was still “could hit/could turn” when I went through and cancelled everything… two days later it hit and there’s no way we’d have made our connection flight on the mainland. We were all hugely disappointed (especially me as I had several friends living there I haven’t seen in years) and the kids and I still desperately want to go “someday”, but the risk was too great.

Reply

Leave a Comment

Current ye@r *

Anti-Spam Protection by WP-SpamFree

Previous post:

Next post: